RESOURCES FOR FIRST TIME ZOOM USERS:
Getting Started with Zoom
HOW TO VIEW OUR LIVE EVENTS:
- You need to Install Zoom version 5.0 or later to view our Live Events.
- We require you to Register for a Zoom account. This is a one time registration with Zoom. We utilize this feature to prevent bad actors from accessing our Live Event.
- Additionally, make sure you Register for each Class (Registration is Free but is required for each Live Event you wish to attend)
- Details to connect to the Zoom Live Event will be emailed to you upon registration. An email reminder will also be sent 1 hour prior to the Live Event.
*If you don’t see the Email in your Inbox within 30 minutes of registering, please check your Spam Folder, as automated emails sometimes go into Bulk/Spam by default. Be sure and add email@example.com to your address book.
- When ready to attend the Live Event, please find your Registration Confirmation Email (make sure it’s for the correct event!) and click the link “
- If it asks for a Meeting code, please close Zoom completely, and go back to the Registration Confirmation Email for today’s event and click the link “
- At this point, if you are within 15 minutes of the scheduled Live Event, you should be seeing our screens and cameras on your computer screen.
- When you first connect to our Live Event, you will see a “This Meeting is Being Recorded” message. No personal information is being recorded. This is how Go Ask Erin/Newmediasoup, LLC are able to make our teaching instruction available as an On Demand product at a later date. You must click “Continue” to be able to view the Live Event.
- Don’t hesitate to reach out if you have questions or need assistance.
- We recommend viewing the Live Events with a Laptop or Desktop Computer. Unfortunately, you may have a poor experience from a Smart Phone or Tablet and may find it frustrating to see the details of the teaching materials.
- If you are unable to connect to the Live Event, please review the steps above for how to view our Live Events. Read through each step one by one from the beginning.
- You can also view the helpful resource page on Zoom’s Web site: Getting Started with Zoom
ABOUT THE WEBINAR EXPERIENCE:
The Zoom Interface is minimized in a Webinar. Here’s what it looks like:
Don’t hesitate to reach out if you have questions or need assistance.
See you on the next Live Event!
The Go Ask Erin Teaching Team