This is an intensive, hands-on and above all fun underwater-specific workshop with plenty of one-on-one coaching from Erin Quigley of GoAskErin.com. To get the most out of the workshop, you’ll need your laptop running the most recent version of Lightroom that your OS can handle, and at least 1 external hard drive, all with the appropriate power source and cables. We will be teaching Lightroom Classic. *We will NOT be teaching Mobile Lightroom CC.
Erin will be teaching the latest version of Lightroom in the workshop, exploring mostly the Library and Develop Modules.
You’ll also need 3-5 of your own underwater images that we’ll choose from to work on. Bring them on a thumb drive. All skill levels of shooter are welcome!
The first session focuses on basic workflow – you’ll get the tools and techniques you need to save yourself from drowning in your own images. Learn to organize efficiently, so you can avoid headaches down the road, and get on to the fun part of editing more quickly.
• What’s a Lightroom Catalog?
• What’s a Lightroom Library?
• Setting the right Preferences and View Options
• Folder Organization and Naming Conventions
• Importing from a media card
• Importing from existing folders
• Creating presets to automate and customize
• Sorting, Comparing, Flagging and Deleting – Making a QUICK first pass
• The power of Collections – Collection Sets, Collections, Smart and Quick Collections
• Exporting, Uploading and Emailing
• 3 things to NEVER do in Lightroom
• Troubleshooting – What to do if you screw it up
The second session focuses on the Develop Module – This is the fun part. Learn to harness the power of post and maximize the potential of your shots. It’s magic.
• White Balance, Tonal corrections and Contrast
• Adjusting water color and minimizing unwanted color casts from ambient light
• Popping textures and patterns
• 3 kinds of Sharpening, and how to avoid sharpening the water
• Brushes and Filters
* Adjusting your Lighting in post
* Vignettes and custom vignettes
* Backscatter and object removal
* From Lightroom to Photoshop and back
* Video editing for dabblers in Lightroom
• SAVE $10 OFF each additional registration if you attend more than one Go Ask Erin/Newmediasoup workshop during the Boston Sea Rovers Clinic.
*On receipt of your payment for the first workshop, we’ll email you a coupon code that you can use at the checkout for additional registrations. *Coupon Not Transferable.
• Registration in any Go Ask Erin/Newmediasoup workshop automatically adds your name to the guest list for our exclusive Photographer’s HAPPY HOUR on Saturday from 4-6pm.